Download Meter is a universal application for iPhone, iPad and iPod that allows to track mobile internet data usage and to reduce spending on data usage every month. Just enter the data limit of your plan and the first day of the billing period, and the app will notify you automatically. The app was first of its kind in Apple Appstore, is celebrating almost 3 years being on sale. All competing apps appeared in the AppStore about 1 year after Download Meter.
Amsterdam, Netherlands – HedonicSoft recently announced that Download Meter, an iPhone, iPad and iPod touch application that allows to measure and track traffic and reduce spending on mobile internet by about $20 every month – is about to celebrate almost 3 years of sales in AppStore. It was the first app that allowed to track traffic, all competing apps can be considerd its “clones” becase all of them appeared in AppStore by about a year later.
This $2 app was among 10 Top Paid Utilities in 56 countries. It’s translated into 11 languages.
Just enter the data limit of your plan and the first day of the billing period, and the app will notify you automatically when you reach important levels of your data limit (e.g. 90%, 100%). Stay within your limit and never pay extra for exceeding it! The app will automatically start when you reboot your device, and it will work in background checking your data usage every 10 minutes and showing alerts when you reach certain levels (work in background is available on iPhone 3Gs, iPhone 4, iPad and iPad 2). It will also show % of the data limit you’ve already consumed on the app icon!
In addition, this application allows you to create and operate any number of “counters,” which are an advanced way of tracking traffic (data usage) beginning with a particular moment of time. Several counters can function simultaneously, be set on pause, or reset entirely and allow you to compute the amount of traffic consumed by a particular application or the traffic consumed at a given location.
* Get alerts the moment you exceed your data usage thresholds, without having to open Download Meter
* The icon of Download Meter shows a percentage of data limit or amount of data (in MB) you’ve already consumed
* Works with any carrier all over the world. Requires no login/password to your carrier’s site. You don’t need to wait for your carrier’s reports that may take hours or days to be produced
* Download Meter does not require Internet connection to get statistics because app gets data usage from the device. So it won’t cost you anything to view your data usage, even while roaming
* All iPads, iPods and iPhones are supported by this app. Buy it once, run it on all devices
* Supports 3 types of limits – monthly, weekly and daily
* Measures traffic in real time with up to byte precision
* Application Data Usage: run Download Meter before and after any app, and see how much data it consumed using “Since Previous Run” function
* Suggests daily data usage limit and computes the current day’s data usage automatically
* Separates traffic into incoming and outgoing, Wi-Fi traffic and mobile Internet traffic
* Allows you to create and operate an unlimited number of “counters,” which are an advanced way of tracking traffic per application or by period of time
* Allows to adjust consumed traffic for today or current period to match traffic amounts reported by your carrier
* iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 19.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Download Meter 2.3.1 is only $1.99 (USD) and available exclusively through the App Store in the Finance category.
Download Meter 2.3.1: http://www.hedonicsoft.com/prod/iphone/download-meter/
Purchase and Download: http://itunes.apple.com/app/id529090535
Screenshot 1: http://eimg.hedonicsoft.com.s3.amazonaws.com/shots/dm/iphone/en/shot-01-main.png
Screenshot 2: http://eimg.hedonicsoft.com.s3.amazonaws.com/shots/dm/iphone/en/shot-02-gprs.png
App Icon: http://hedonicsoft.com/shots/dm/icons/1024.png
HedonicSoft, founded in 2009 with the purpose of creating high-quality iPhone and iPad utility apps. Copyright (C) 2013 HedonicSoft. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.